Turnips take on new dimensions
Shelby Shepherd, Indian Hills Ag Club secretary and Ryan Gaffney each hold an extraordinarily large turnip.
- Former legislator, grain bin innovator named distinguished service to ag winners at Iowa Farm Bureau meeting
Appanoose County Farm Bureau honored for excellence in 2012
Representing Appanoose County at the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation annual meeting in Des Moines Dec. 4 were President Dan Furlin Jr., Martha Furlin, voting delegate Tom Zaputil, Mary Sue Zaputil, Dana and Terri Haub, state Young Farmer Committee members Jon and Ashley Hart and office assistant Barb Peterson.
- 4-H awards banquet Jan. 26
More than 1,100 attend 94th annual Iowa Farm Bureau meeting
Temple Grandin, Lowell Cattlett, excitement draws farmers to new location.
- Iowa Farm Bureau partners with health care benefit administrator to help members manage rising health care costs
- Iowa Farm Bureau annual meeting reception at Hall of Pride features Iowa celebrities including Estes, Gable and Dwight
- Exline Ramblers awards banquet Jan. 26 at Moravia Nazarene Church
- Iowa Farm Bureau names new chief financial officer, regional manager and producer/writer
Iowa Farm Bureau offers grants to Iowa teachers to bring agriculture to the classroom
Nearly $120,000 awarded in last three years of program.
Dandy Doers November meeting; hayride
The Dandy Doers 4-H meeting was held Nov. 11.
RRWA awarded $5,000 CoBank grant
The funds will be used to support water quality protection activities.
4-Hers clean up highway
The Franklin Farmhands 4-H club met on Oct. 21 in Promise City for the Adopt A Highway cleanup.
Centerville FFA students attend conferences
The 212° Conference is a leadership conference created by the National FFA Organization and is open to FFA members in ninth or 10th grade.
- Dandy Doers 4-H club spooky fundraiser
- More Farm Headlines
- Turnips take on new dimensions