Wayne County Sheriff
The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a one-car accident approximately one mile north of Allerton. A 1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Abbie Grace Abel, 19, of Weldon, was southbound on S26 when the vehicle crossed the centerline and went into the east ditch. The vehicle then went airborne and hit a field drive. Abel was transported by Wayne County ambulance to the Wayne County Hospital. Vehicle damage was estimated at $6,000. Assisting at the scene were Allerton First Responders and Allerton Fire Department.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office arrested Matthew Allen Sponsler, 30, of Allerton, following a traffic stop on S40 near Sewal. Sponsler was charged with driving while suspended, failure to show proof of insurance and failure to maintain registration. Sponsler appeared before the magistrate the next day and was released on his own recognizance.
Corydon Police arrested Billy Joe Abel, 48, of Corydon, on the charge of assault following an incident at a residence on West Jackson Street in Corydon. Abel appeared before the magistrate the next day and was released after posting bond.
Corydon Police arrested Dillon Edward Horton, 21, of Plano, on a charge of assault following an incident at a Corydon business. Horton was released later that day after being given a promise to appear and posting bond.
Corydon Police arrested Colton Hestness, 19, of Corydon, on the charge of fifth degree theft following an incident at a Corydon residence. Hestness appeared before the magistrate the next day, pleaded guilty to the charge, and was released.
Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
Wayne County Sheriff
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- No Headline Provided David J. McGill and Shirley A. McGill conveyed to Tracy Daugherty Jordan land in Franklin Township April 4. Clerk of district court conveyed to Betty L. McVeigh land in Independence Township April 4. Stewart Edwards Shepard and Rebecca Ann Shepard c
- Wayne County Sheriff 04/30/13 April 23 The Clarke County Sheriff's Office arrested Teresa A. Lunesford, 31, of Osceola, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to serve a jail sentence for fourth degree theft in 2011. Lunsford was transported to Corydon where she is currently servi
- No Headline Provided April 14 9:08 p.m. Harassment was reported in the 900 block of East Maple Street. April 15 1:26 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported the front window of a business was shattered. Damage was
- No Headline Provided April 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Candy Lorraine Watson, 52, of Chariton, on a Wayne County warrant for fifth degree theft. The charge was in conniption with a non-sufficient funds check written to a Corydon business in 2011. Watson
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines