APPANOOSE AND WAYNE COUNTIES —
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
Diane Lukavisky, of Chariton, reported that someone had broken into her business, the Millerton Cafe, overnight. Cash was reported missing from the office area of the cafe.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a property damage accident on the Seymour square. A 2003 Buick Regal driven by Joann Fetters, 81, of Seymour, was backing from a parking spot on Fourth Street when it collided with a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Robert Allen Murphy, 83, of Seymour. Damage was estimated at $2,500 to each vehicle. Fetters was issued a citation for unsafe backing.
The Wayne County Sheriff arrested Devon Lee Funk, 29, of Garden Grove, following the report of a man walking in the middle of Highway 65 north of Humeston. Funk was charged with public intoxication and carrying a concealed weapon (knife). Funk appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested William Ray Pearce, 34, of Humeston, on a charge of fifth degree criminal mischief following the report of someone taking garbage from a dumpster on North East Street in Humeston and scattering it in the street and on the sidewalk. Pearce appeared before the magistrate the following day, pleaded guilty to the charge and was then fined and released.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Justin Paul Eugene Richmond, 19, of Moulton, on charges of possession of alcohol under the legal age and interfering with official acts. The charges were in connection with an incident at a residence on East Lee Street in Seymour. Richmond appeared before the magistrate later in the day, pleaded guilty to the charges and was then fined and released.
Appanoose County Sheriff’s Office
Activity report from 08/10/12 to 08/13/12: civil papers processed, 8; traffic stops, 9; suspicious person/vehicle, 2; motorist assist, 6; animal complaints, 2; civil matters, 1; SOR checks, 11; ambulances requested, 2; accidents/personal injuries, 1; accident/property damage, 2; litter, 1; fireworks complaints, 1; prowlers, 1; alarms/burglaries, 1; thefts, 5; burglaries, 1; frauds, 1; extra patrols requested, 2; noise complaints, 1; criminal mischief, 1; parking violations, 1; fires/grass, 1; traffic complaints, 1; contacts, 147; total miles patrolled, 3,340; inmates booked into jail, 5; jail population, 18.
2 a.m. Tyler Jon Vitko, 25, of Albia, was driving a 2009 Dodge east on Highway 2 when the vehicle went off the highway. The vehicle first hit a tree and then struck three vehicles parked at Highway 2 Auto Sales parking lot. Vitko did not report the accident and drove away from the scene. Damage to Vitko’s vehicle was estimated at $3,000. A 2003 Ford was listed with $5,000 in damage. A 2007 Ford was listed with $2,000 in damage and a 2008 Ford was listed with $300 in damage. Vitko was charged with failure to maintain control and striking an unattended veicle.
10:29 a.m. Trevor David White, 28, of Centerville was charged at 1212 E. Cross Street with felony enhanced domestic assault and false imprisonment.
APPANOOSE AND WAYNE COUNTIES —
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
- No Headline Provided May 13 1:07 p.m. Todd Michael Francis Carmichael, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 600 block of North 18th Street with driving with a suspended license. He was later released on a promise to appear. 5:54 p.m. Michael Allen Peel, 38, of Center
- Land transfers 05/20/13 Michael A. Halupnick and Barbara J. Halupnick conveyed to Dennis Washburn and Nancy Washburn land in Vermillion and Walnut townships May 2. Ivan E. Wray and Cynthnia Ann Wray conveyed to Eli Shetler Barbara J. Shetler land in Lincoln Township May 2.
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- No Headline Provided David J. McGill and Shirley A. McGill conveyed to Tracy Daugherty Jordan land in Franklin Township April 4. Clerk of district court conveyed to Betty L. McVeigh land in Independence Township April 4. Stewart Edwards Shepard and Rebecca Ann Shepard c
- Wayne County Sheriff 04/30/13 April 23 The Clarke County Sheriff's Office arrested Teresa A. Lunesford, 31, of Osceola, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to serve a jail sentence for fourth degree theft in 2011. Lunsford was transported to Corydon where she is currently servi
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines