WAYNE COUNTY —
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a property damage accident approximately three miles north of Lineville. A 1997 Chevrolet pickup driven by Brent Allen Snow, 45, of Lineville, was southbound on Highway 65 when two deer ran onto the roadway and were struck. Damage to Snow’s truck was estimated at $3,000.
Troy Trzpuc, of Corydon, reported that someone had driven across the driveway several times at Evitt Pipe & Welding at 2158 Highway 2 and had caused considerable damage to the grounds and had knocked over a 9-1-1 sign and post. Damage to the ground and sign was listed at $150.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Meranda Kay Pennington, 22, of Russell, following the report of a strange vehicle sitting in a residential driveway in Allerton. Pennington was charged with operating while intoxicated. She appeared before the magistrate later in the day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a one-car accident approximately four miles northeast of Corydon. A 2004 Chevrolet Venture driven by Connie Sue Moore, 53, of Allerton, was eastbound on Newton Road when a deer ran onto the roadway. The driver then swerved and lost control of the vehicle which went into the south ditch and rolled, coming to rest on its top. Damage to Moore’s van was estimated at $4,500. Assisting at the scene was the Wayne County Ambulance.
Corydon Police arrested Jason Cameron Willey, 40, of Corydon, on a Wayne County warrant for probation violation. Willey appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
Seymour Police arrested Tell Martin Joe Mattly, 45, of Seymour, following complaint of an erratic driver. Mattly was charges with second offense operating while intoxicated and criminal mischief. Mattly appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
The Pulaski County Missouri Sheriff’s Office arrested Michael D. Fateley, 34, of Crocker, Mo., on Wayne County warrants for first degree theft and third degree burglary. The charged were in connection with the break-in of a storage trailer owned by MasTech of North America in November of 2012 on Maple Street in Allerton and the theft of 88 rolls of insulated copper wire and 20 rolls of bare copper wire valued at $32,800. Following the incident, 325 pounds of the copper was sold to Davis Recycling of Rolla, Mo. Fateley waived extradition and was returned to Corydon on Jan. 17 He appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- Police 05/22/13 April 22 5:58 a.m. The theft of a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville valued at $5,000 was reported in the 800 block of South Tenth Street. May 5 9:25 a.m. Theft was reported in the 100 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported an iPod touch valued at $300
- Kelly Morlan Kelly Morlan, 55, of Centerville, passed away Monday, May 20, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, May 24 at the Moulton Christian Church in Moulton with Pastor Reggie Higgenbottom officiating.
- No Headline Provided May 13 1:07 p.m. Todd Michael Francis Carmichael, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 600 block of North 18th Street with driving with a suspended license. He was later released on a promise to appear. 5:54 p.m. Michael Allen Peel, 38, of Center
- Land transfers 05/20/13 Michael A. Halupnick and Barbara J. Halupnick conveyed to Dennis Washburn and Nancy Washburn land in Vermillion and Walnut townships May 2. Ivan E. Wray and Cynthnia Ann Wray conveyed to Eli Shetler Barbara J. Shetler land in Lincoln Township May 2.
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines