9:43 p.m. Two 15-year-old male juveniles and a 16-year-old male juvenile were each charged on the south side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age.
3:45 p.m. Tyler Tait, of Centerville, was driving a 2001 Chevy and stopped because a car in front of his suddenly stopped to make a left turn. Tait’s vehicle was struck in the rear by a 2004 Ford driven by Denise McCoy of Centerville, which was unable to stop in time. Damage to Tait’s vehicle was estimated at $250. Damage to McCoy’s vehicle was estimated at $2,000. McCoy was charged with failure to maintain control.
8:24 p.m. Michael William Thompkins, 26, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with violating a no contact order.
1:34 a.m. Katherine Amelia Williamson, 37, of Centerville, was charged at Ninth and Van Buren with public intoxication.
3:50 p.m. Dustin Kenneth Saldana, 25, of Centerville, was charged in the 100 block of South Main with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy.
10:38 p.m. Karen Ann Carel, 48, of Centerville, was charged in the 100 block of North 18th with OWI, first offense.
- Centerville Police June 3 8:23 p.m. The owner reported criminal mischief in the 300 block of North Fifth. her 2000 Pontiac Grand Am sustained an estimated $1,170 in damage. June 4 1:06 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 900 block of East Washington by the owner. Registr
- AC Sheriff Appanoose County Sheriff's office Activity report June 6-14 Civil papers processed, 19; traffic complaints, 11; traffic stops, 16; fire, residential, controlled, 7; litter complaints, 3; warrants, served, 2; fraud, 1; trespassing, 1; motorist assist
- Land Transfers Appanoose County Sheriff conveyed to Wells Fargo Bank NA land in Franklin Township May 31. Thresa N. Kelly conveyed to the Continental at St. Josephs Incorporated land in Vermillion Township June 3. St. Josephs Mercy Hospital conveyed to the Continen
- Marriages William Joseph Thomas, 37, to Erin Ambyr Huisman, 33, both of Centerville June 3. Bonnie Jean Essary, 52, to James Dale Riley, 53, both of Moravia June 4. Jaclyn Ann Wells, 23 to Joshua Phillip Blankenship, 25, both of Cincinnati June 5. LeAnne Renae
- Thank you, to all the volunteers out there I grew up near a small town in northwest Iowa during the 1950s and 1960s. You would probably think not much was going on in the small community of 160 people. There was no theater, no bowling alley was available, nor was there a roller skating rink.
- Appanoose County Sheriff 06/13/2013 Activity report for 05/14/13 to 05/21/13; civil papers processed, 20; burglaries/thefts, 5; ambulances requested, 5; traffic/road violations, 6; traffic stops, 13; traffic hazards, 2; civil matters, 2; controlled burns, 1; animal complaints, 6; liquo
- Wayne County Sheriff 06/11/2013 May 28 Jamie McHaffie, of Allerton, reported that it appeared someone had entered her residence sometime during the day. The only item reported missing was a pair of riding gloves. The gloves were value at $80. May 31 Catherine Cawthorn, of Allerton,
- Appanoose County Sheriff 06/11/2013 Activity report for 05/03/13 to 05/14/13; civil papers processed, 22; animal complaints, 9; traffic stops, 10; criminal mischief, 6; ambulances requested, 5; parking violations, 2; suspicious persons/vehicles, 6; welfare checks, 2; traffic complaints
- Wayne County Sheriff May 31 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident east of Lineville. A 2005 Chevrolet Trail Blazer driven by Sylvia Fern Nickell, 18, of Lineville, was eastbound on Birch Road when it curved into 40th Street and the dri
- Police April 29 7:22 p.m. Theft was reported in the 200 block of East Van Buren Street. The victim reported a Wii, cell phones, jewelry and medicines valued at $550 were stolen. May 23 3:21 p.m. Theft was reported in the 1200 block of East Cross Street. The
- Wayne County 06/07/2013 May 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a one car accident on 190th Street. A 2005 Chevrolet Equinox driven by Angela Marie Nickell, 31, of Allerton, was southbound on 190th Street just south of Timber Road when it went into the ditch a
- Police 06/06/2013 April 29 9:34 p.m. Burglary and theft were reported in the 600 block of East Bank Street. The victim reported a Play Station, laptop, camera, television and money valued at $4,450 were stolen. May 12 3:35 p.m. Burglary and theft were reported in the
- Police Report 06/05/2013 May 14 7:10 a.m. Theft was reported in the 500 block of North 4th Street. The victim reported that a gnome valued at $100 was stolen. 4:04 p.m. Theft was reported in the 300 block of North 12th Street. The victim reported a 47 inch flat screen televi
- Land Transfers for 06/04/2013 Virginia E. Brooks co-trustee, Helen M. Turner co-trustee and Mary A. Kuzela revocable trust conveyed to Helen M. Turner land in Walnut Township May 16. Appanoose Economic Development Corporation conveyed to Bucket List LLC land in Centerville May 16
- Wayne County Sheriff 05/30/2013 May 14 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident approximately three miles east of Promise City. A 2001 Kawasaki motorcycle driven by Aron Joseph Koll, 20, of Centerville, was westbound on Highway 2 when it struck a co
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines