3:02 p.m. Theft was reported in the 800 block of North 18th Street. A $50 gas theft was reported.
2:58 p.m. Theft was reported in the 1500 block of South 18th Street. A $70 gas theft was reported. Gerardo Contreras was arrested.
4 p.m. Theft was reported in the 700 block of West Franklin. A tree stand valued at $300 was reported missing.
2:27 p.m. Angela Dean Guffey, 34, of Eddyville, was arrested in the 1000 block of North 18th Street and charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was released on recognizance approximately two hours later.
10:15 p.m. Joseph Allen Bower, Jr., 18, of Centerville, was arrested in the 100 block of West Jackson Street and charged with disorderly conduct.
10:45 p.m. A 15-year-old male juvenile was arrested in the 100 block of West Jackson Street and charged with disorderly conduct.
2:59 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 600 block of West Maple Street. Exterior door and frame sustained $200 in damage from the burglary. Derrick Duffey was arrested.,
3:07 a.m. Derrick Eugene Duffey, 30, of Centerville, was arrested in the 600 block of West Maple Street and charged with second degree burglary and two counts of possession of controlled substance. He was released on recognizance.
7:50 p.m. Zackery Joseph Mulvaney, 24, of Exline, was arrested in the 1200 block of East Maple Street and charged with failure to appear.
9:20 p.m. Phillip Raymond Brown, 59, of Numa, was arrested in the 300 block of West State Street and charged with possession of controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond was posted.
8:31 p.m. Noah Ryan Schwering, 19, of Centerville, Dylan Michael Sloan, 20, of Centerville, Zachary Pat Varese, 20, Centerville, Dylan Isaac Groves, 19, of Greeley, Colo., William Tyler Walker, 18, of Centerville and six male juveniles and one female juvenile were arrested in the 700 block of North 14th Street and charged with possession of alcohol under age.
2:09 a.m. Troy Christopher Conger, 21, of Seymour, was arrested at the law center and charged with fourth degree criminal mischief.
4:55 p.m. Dale Lee Schwering, 54 of Centerville was charged at Drake Avenue and Merion Avenue for driving with license suspended-revocation for implied consent.
- Police 05/22/13 April 22 5:58 a.m. The theft of a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville valued at $5,000 was reported in the 800 block of South Tenth Street. May 5 9:25 a.m. Theft was reported in the 100 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported an iPod touch valued at $300
- Kelly Morlan Kelly Morlan, 55, of Centerville, passed away Monday, May 20, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, May 24 at the Moulton Christian Church in Moulton with Pastor Reggie Higgenbottom officiating.
- No Headline Provided May 13 1:07 p.m. Todd Michael Francis Carmichael, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 600 block of North 18th Street with driving with a suspended license. He was later released on a promise to appear. 5:54 p.m. Michael Allen Peel, 38, of Center
- Land transfers 05/20/13 Michael A. Halupnick and Barbara J. Halupnick conveyed to Dennis Washburn and Nancy Washburn land in Vermillion and Walnut townships May 2. Ivan E. Wray and Cynthnia Ann Wray conveyed to Eli Shetler Barbara J. Shetler land in Lincoln Township May 2.
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines