WAYNE COUNTY —
Corydon Police investigated a personal injury accident at North Johnson and East Anthony streets in Corydon. A 2000 Ford Windstar driven by Justin Kyle Southern, 40, of Corydon, and a 2003 E-Z-Go golf cart driven by Wade Benjamin Peck, 23, of Corydon, collided in the intersection. Assisting at the scene were the Wayne County Ambulance and Wayne County Sheriff's Office.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Knight Schwandt, 28, of Milwaukee, Wis., on a charge of operating while intoxicated following a traffic stop on Highway 2 west of Corydon. Schwandt appeared before the magistrate later in the day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Sidney Louis Marsh, 49, of Corydon, on a Wayne County warrant for delivery of a Schedule I controlled substance (marijuana). Marsh appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested William Joseph Cross, 30, of Promise City, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to pay child support. Cross appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Charles Frederick Sisk, 49, of Osceola, following a traffic stop. Sisk appeared before the magistrate later in the day and was released after posting bond.
Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident in the parking lot at the bowling alley in Corydon. A 2001 Ford Taurus driven by Amber L. Abbott, 21, of Corydon, was backing from a parking spot when it struck a parked 2009 Chevrolet pickup owned by Jack Pershy, of Cordyon. Damage to the car driven by Abbott and owned by Southern Iowa Resources for Families was estimated at $1,500. Damage to Pershy’s truck was estimated at $1,000.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a personal injury accident southwest of Seymour. A 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Morgan Gabrial Knust, 16, of Seymour, was northbound on 190th Street near Edison Road when it topped a hill and the driver lost control in the loose gravel. The vehicle then entered the east ditch and rolled, went over a fence and came to rest on the passenger side. The driver and three passengers kicked out the back window and crawled out of the car. The four were taken by private vehicle to the Wayne County Hospital. Damage to the car owned by Tesa Lynn Stoffer, of Cretston, was estimated at $6,000.
Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident in the parking lot at Great Western Bank in Corydon. A 2006 Ford pickup driven by Normalea Taylor, 86, of Corydon, was backing from a parking spot when it struck a 2002 Buick LeSabre owned by Donald Pogliano of Allerton. Damage was estimated at $1,200 to Pogliano’s car. No damage was caused to Taylor’s truck.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- Land transfers 05/20/13 Michael A. Halupnick and Barbara J. Halupnick conveyed to Dennis Washburn and Nancy Washburn land in Vermillion and Walnut townships May 2. Ivan E. Wray and Cynthnia Ann Wray conveyed to Eli Shetler Barbara J. Shetler land in Lincoln Township May 2.
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- No Headline Provided David J. McGill and Shirley A. McGill conveyed to Tracy Daugherty Jordan land in Franklin Township April 4. Clerk of district court conveyed to Betty L. McVeigh land in Independence Township April 4. Stewart Edwards Shepard and Rebecca Ann Shepard c
- Wayne County Sheriff 04/30/13 April 23 The Clarke County Sheriff's Office arrested Teresa A. Lunesford, 31, of Osceola, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to serve a jail sentence for fourth degree theft in 2011. Lunsford was transported to Corydon where she is currently servi
- No Headline Provided April 14 9:08 p.m. Harassment was reported in the 900 block of East Maple Street. April 15 1:26 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported the front window of a business was shattered. Damage was
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines