The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a minor personal injury accident approximately four miles west of Seymour. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture driven by Courtney Victoria Bear, 13, of Blue Springs, Mo., was attempting to turn from J46 onto 190th Street when she lost control. The vehicle slid into the ditch and rolled onto its side. Damage was estimated at $7,000. Bear was cited for failure to have a valid driver's license. Brian David Bear, owner, was cited for allowing an unauthorized minor to drive.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a traffic accident approximately one mile north of Promise City. A 2005 Harley Davidson driven by Mark William Winslow, 53, of Corydon, and a 1998 Harley Davidson driven by Timothy Leon Driver, 49, of Centerville, were northbound with a group of other motorcycles on S56 when a deer ran in front of Winslow and was struck. To avoid a collision, Driver entered the shoulder and then the ditch. Damage to Winslow's cycle was estimated at $5,000 and to Driver's at $1,500.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office arrested Rachel Ann Stevens, 21, of Millerton, after she drove into a ditch on S56 near Vale Road. Stevens was charged with operating while intoxicated and failure to maintain control. She appeared before the magistrate and was released later after posting bond.
The Front Street Market in Humeston reported that the business had been broken into overnight. A door had been forced open and some areas had been ransacked. Nothing appeared to be missing. Damage to the building was estimated at $5,500.
Wojo's in Humeston reported that someone had broken into the business overnight. Damage was caused to a door, juke box and game machines. Damage was listed at $3,000. A small amount of money was believed to be missing from the game machines.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office arrested three occupants of a vehicle that had been stopped at a traffic safety check at Highways 2 and 65. Jason Ronald Beerman, 36, of Onawa, was charged with operating while intoxicated, possession of a schedule I controlled substance, marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Two passengers in the car, Erik Gustavo Franco, 19, of Soldier and Nicholas Jon Seaton, 23, of Sioux City were both charged with possession of a schedule I controlled substance, marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. All three appeared before the magistrate the following day and were released July 8 after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a motorcycle accident approximately two miles north of Corydon. A 1999 Kawasaki motorcycle driven by Thomas William Rogers, 44, of Plano, was southbound on Highway 14 when a deer ran onto the roadway and was struck. Damage was estimated at $3,000.
Melissa Renee Woods, 40 and Meagan Marie Woods, 19, both of Chariton, appeared at the Wayne County Sheriff's office to answer Wayne County warrants. Melissa was charged with third degree burglary and making a false report to a public safety entity and Meagan was charged with third degree burglary. The warrants were issued in connection with a January break in of an unoccupied home on Newton Road in South Fork Township. Both were released after posting bond.
- No Headline Provided May 13 1:07 p.m. Todd Michael Francis Carmichael, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 600 block of North 18th Street with driving with a suspended license. He was later released on a promise to appear. 5:54 p.m. Michael Allen Peel, 38, of Center
- Land transfers 05/20/13 Michael A. Halupnick and Barbara J. Halupnick conveyed to Dennis Washburn and Nancy Washburn land in Vermillion and Walnut townships May 2. Ivan E. Wray and Cynthnia Ann Wray conveyed to Eli Shetler Barbara J. Shetler land in Lincoln Township May 2.
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- No Headline Provided David J. McGill and Shirley A. McGill conveyed to Tracy Daugherty Jordan land in Franklin Township April 4. Clerk of district court conveyed to Betty L. McVeigh land in Independence Township April 4. Stewart Edwards Shepard and Rebecca Ann Shepard c
- Wayne County Sheriff 04/30/13 April 23 The Clarke County Sheriff's Office arrested Teresa A. Lunesford, 31, of Osceola, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to serve a jail sentence for fourth degree theft in 2011. Lunsford was transported to Corydon where she is currently servi
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines