The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a minor personal injury accident approximately four miles west of Seymour. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture driven by Courtney Victoria Bear, 13, of Blue Springs, Mo., was attempting to turn from J46 onto 190th Street when she lost control. The vehicle slid into the ditch and rolled onto its side. Damage was estimated at $7,000. Bear was cited for failure to have a valid driver's license. Brian David Bear, owner, was cited for allowing an unauthorized minor to drive.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a traffic accident approximately one mile north of Promise City. A 2005 Harley Davidson driven by Mark William Winslow, 53, of Corydon, and a 1998 Harley Davidson driven by Timothy Leon Driver, 49, of Centerville, were northbound with a group of other motorcycles on S56 when a deer ran in front of Winslow and was struck. To avoid a collision, Driver entered the shoulder and then the ditch. Damage to Winslow's cycle was estimated at $5,000 and to Driver's at $1,500.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office arrested Rachel Ann Stevens, 21, of Millerton, after she drove into a ditch on S56 near Vale Road. Stevens was charged with operating while intoxicated and failure to maintain control. She appeared before the magistrate and was released later after posting bond.
The Front Street Market in Humeston reported that the business had been broken into overnight. A door had been forced open and some areas had been ransacked. Nothing appeared to be missing. Damage to the building was estimated at $5,500.
Wojo's in Humeston reported that someone had broken into the business overnight. Damage was caused to a door, juke box and game machines. Damage was listed at $3,000. A small amount of money was believed to be missing from the game machines.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office arrested three occupants of a vehicle that had been stopped at a traffic safety check at Highways 2 and 65. Jason Ronald Beerman, 36, of Onawa, was charged with operating while intoxicated, possession of a schedule I controlled substance, marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Two passengers in the car, Erik Gustavo Franco, 19, of Soldier and Nicholas Jon Seaton, 23, of Sioux City were both charged with possession of a schedule I controlled substance, marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. All three appeared before the magistrate the following day and were released July 8 after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a motorcycle accident approximately two miles north of Corydon. A 1999 Kawasaki motorcycle driven by Thomas William Rogers, 44, of Plano, was southbound on Highway 14 when a deer ran onto the roadway and was struck. Damage was estimated at $3,000.
Melissa Renee Woods, 40 and Meagan Marie Woods, 19, both of Chariton, appeared at the Wayne County Sheriff's office to answer Wayne County warrants. Melissa was charged with third degree burglary and making a false report to a public safety entity and Meagan was charged with third degree burglary. The warrants were issued in connection with a January break in of an unoccupied home on Newton Road in South Fork Township. Both were released after posting bond.
- Centerville Police June 3 8:23 p.m. The owner reported criminal mischief in the 300 block of North Fifth. her 2000 Pontiac Grand Am sustained an estimated $1,170 in damage. June 4 1:06 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 900 block of East Washington by the owner. Registr
- AC Sheriff Appanoose County Sheriff's office Activity report June 6-14 Civil papers processed, 19; traffic complaints, 11; traffic stops, 16; fire, residential, controlled, 7; litter complaints, 3; warrants, served, 2; fraud, 1; trespassing, 1; motorist assist
- Land Transfers Appanoose County Sheriff conveyed to Wells Fargo Bank NA land in Franklin Township May 31. Thresa N. Kelly conveyed to the Continental at St. Josephs Incorporated land in Vermillion Township June 3. St. Josephs Mercy Hospital conveyed to the Continen
- Marriages William Joseph Thomas, 37, to Erin Ambyr Huisman, 33, both of Centerville June 3. Bonnie Jean Essary, 52, to James Dale Riley, 53, both of Moravia June 4. Jaclyn Ann Wells, 23 to Joshua Phillip Blankenship, 25, both of Cincinnati June 5. LeAnne Renae
- Thank you, to all the volunteers out there I grew up near a small town in northwest Iowa during the 1950s and 1960s. You would probably think not much was going on in the small community of 160 people. There was no theater, no bowling alley was available, nor was there a roller skating rink.
- Appanoose County Sheriff 06/13/2013 Activity report for 05/14/13 to 05/21/13; civil papers processed, 20; burglaries/thefts, 5; ambulances requested, 5; traffic/road violations, 6; traffic stops, 13; traffic hazards, 2; civil matters, 2; controlled burns, 1; animal complaints, 6; liquo
- Wayne County Sheriff 06/11/2013 May 28 Jamie McHaffie, of Allerton, reported that it appeared someone had entered her residence sometime during the day. The only item reported missing was a pair of riding gloves. The gloves were value at $80. May 31 Catherine Cawthorn, of Allerton,
- Appanoose County Sheriff 06/11/2013 Activity report for 05/03/13 to 05/14/13; civil papers processed, 22; animal complaints, 9; traffic stops, 10; criminal mischief, 6; ambulances requested, 5; parking violations, 2; suspicious persons/vehicles, 6; welfare checks, 2; traffic complaints
- Wayne County Sheriff May 31 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident east of Lineville. A 2005 Chevrolet Trail Blazer driven by Sylvia Fern Nickell, 18, of Lineville, was eastbound on Birch Road when it curved into 40th Street and the dri
- Police April 29 7:22 p.m. Theft was reported in the 200 block of East Van Buren Street. The victim reported a Wii, cell phones, jewelry and medicines valued at $550 were stolen. May 23 3:21 p.m. Theft was reported in the 1200 block of East Cross Street. The
- Wayne County 06/07/2013 May 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a one car accident on 190th Street. A 2005 Chevrolet Equinox driven by Angela Marie Nickell, 31, of Allerton, was southbound on 190th Street just south of Timber Road when it went into the ditch a
- Police 06/06/2013 April 29 9:34 p.m. Burglary and theft were reported in the 600 block of East Bank Street. The victim reported a Play Station, laptop, camera, television and money valued at $4,450 were stolen. May 12 3:35 p.m. Burglary and theft were reported in the
- Police Report 06/05/2013 May 14 7:10 a.m. Theft was reported in the 500 block of North 4th Street. The victim reported that a gnome valued at $100 was stolen. 4:04 p.m. Theft was reported in the 300 block of North 12th Street. The victim reported a 47 inch flat screen televi
- Land Transfers for 06/04/2013 Virginia E. Brooks co-trustee, Helen M. Turner co-trustee and Mary A. Kuzela revocable trust conveyed to Helen M. Turner land in Walnut Township May 16. Appanoose Economic Development Corporation conveyed to Bucket List LLC land in Centerville May 16
- Wayne County Sheriff 05/30/2013 May 14 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident approximately three miles east of Promise City. A 2001 Kawasaki motorcycle driven by Aron Joseph Koll, 20, of Centerville, was westbound on Highway 2 when it struck a co
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines