Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident in the Hy-Vee parking lot in Corydon. A 2005 Ford Escape driven by Jennifer Lea Jellison, 27, of Allerton, was pulling into a parking space when it struck a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse driven by Kerri Diane Guthrie, 26, of Corydon. Damage was estimated at $1,500 to Jellison’s car and at $1,000 to Guthrie’s.
Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident on the west side of the Corydon square. A 2008 Kia Sedona driven by Linda Lucille Johnston, 65, of Seymour, was backing from a parking space when it struck a 2003 Dodge Neon driven by Fern Linette Wilson, 43, of Corydon, which was southbound on South Franklin Street. Damage was estimated at $1,000 to each vehicle.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s office arrested Nikki Lyn Greene, 31, of Allerton, on a charge of driving while suspended following a traffic stop on North Central Avenue in Allerton. Greene appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released on her own recognizance.
Jessica Warembourg, of Corydon, reported that a black Angus cow owned by her and two red Angus cows owned by her father, Kenneth Galbreath, of Corydon, were missing from her property in Howard Township. The cows were valued at $1,400 each.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Luis Nathan Hernandez, Jr., 36, of Exline, on a charge of failure to register as a sex offender. Hernandez appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
Corydon Police arrested Kristy Lee Dudley, 25, of Seymour, on a charge of violation of a no contact order. Dudley appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released on her own recognizance.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Tony Michael Clark, 25, of Centerville, on a charge of public intoxication following an incident at an Allerton residence. Clark was held in the Wayne County Jail and released after signing a promise to appear.
Corydon Police arrested Ashley Marie Eis, 24, of Promise City, on an Adair County, Mo. warrant. Eis is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail awaiting extradition to Missouri.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a traffic accident at 205th and Fillmore in Walnut Township. A vehicle driven by Monte Jewell Michael, 51, of Unionville, Mo., was westbound on Fillmore Road when it failed to stop at the stop sign at 205th Street and went into the west bank damaging a telephone pedestal. Damage to Michael’s vehicle was estimated at $6,000. Damage to the telephone equipment owned by Windstream Communications was listed at $2,000. Michael was issued citations for failure to show proof of insurance, operating a non-registered vehicle and failure to obey a stop sign. Other charges are pending. Assisting at the scene were the Wayne County Ambulance and Seymour First Responders.
Centerville Police arrested Tea Briannan Stevens, 19, of Centerville on a Wayne County warrant for third degree burglary. The charge was in connection with the burglary of the Roscol Eslick residence on Winter Street in Humeston in November. Reported taken in the break in, a .40 caliber pistol, a shop vac, a vacuum, a chainsaw and prescription medication. Stevens appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond. Also, a 16-year-old female from Centerville was referred to juvenile authorities in connection with the incident.
- Land transfers 05/20/13 Michael A. Halupnick and Barbara J. Halupnick conveyed to Dennis Washburn and Nancy Washburn land in Vermillion and Walnut townships May 2. Ivan E. Wray and Cynthnia Ann Wray conveyed to Eli Shetler Barbara J. Shetler land in Lincoln Township May 2.
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- No Headline Provided David J. McGill and Shirley A. McGill conveyed to Tracy Daugherty Jordan land in Franklin Township April 4. Clerk of district court conveyed to Betty L. McVeigh land in Independence Township April 4. Stewart Edwards Shepard and Rebecca Ann Shepard c
- Wayne County Sheriff 04/30/13 April 23 The Clarke County Sheriff's Office arrested Teresa A. Lunesford, 31, of Osceola, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to serve a jail sentence for fourth degree theft in 2011. Lunsford was transported to Corydon where she is currently servi
- No Headline Provided April 14 9:08 p.m. Harassment was reported in the 900 block of East Maple Street. April 15 1:26 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported the front window of a business was shattered. Damage was
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines