Appanoose County Sheriff's Department activity log June 29-July 6
Civil papers processed, 24; animal complaints, 6; motorist assists, 12; traffic stops, 12; traffic complaints, 1; domestic, disturbances, 2; fire, grass, 3; fireworks complaint, 2; accidents, property damage, 2; civil matters, 5; criminal mischief, 2; traffic complaints, 10; ambulances requested, 8; accidents, personal injury, 3; medical, no ambulance, 1; fireworks complaints, 2; drugs, 2; suspicious, person, vehicle, 7; liquor law violations, 2; theft, motor vehicle, 3; extra patrols requested, 1; theft, 1; assaults, 2; litter complaints, 1; SOR, 1; contacts, 326; total miles patrolled, 4,083; inmates booked into jail, 15; jail population, 19.
6:54 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single-vehicle accident on 150th Avenue. Trey Sullivan McMurry, 19, of Allerton, driving a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix north in the 14300 block of 150th Avenue lost control and missed the corner. McMurry said he had drank a couple of beers after the accident and a breath test showed a .02 result. McMurry was charged with failure to maintain control and persons under legal age. McMurry sustained possible injuries. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $6,000. A fence owned by Keith Lain, of Mystic, sustained $200 in damage. Brittney Rikel Rogers, 19, of Centerville, was transported by private vehicle to Mercy Medical Center with possible injuries.
8:41 p.m. Timothy John Hatfield, 25, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with second degree criminal mischief and fifth degree theft.
8:28 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single-vehicle accident at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road. Roger Lee McMunn, 35, of Centerville, driving a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer east in the 23000 block of Dewey Road swerved to miss a deer standing on the edge of the road, lost control and entered the south ditch. McMunn told law enforcement his fiance was driving the vehicle and was given a ride to the hospital by his aunt. Witnesses at the scene stated they noticed a male exiting the vehicle and he was the only one around. Amy Reinikainen arrived at the scene approximately 20 minutes later and said McMunn left her house in the SUV alone after they had an argument. She said she had not given him permission to take the vehicle. McMunn was transported to Mercy Medical Center with possible injuries. He was charged with failure to maintain control, driving while suspended and false reports or communications with law enforcement. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $4,000. A fence owned by Kerry Lane Morlan sustained $200 in damage.
10:37 p.m. Amanda Lynn White, 33, of Centerville, was charged at East Grant Street and North Shamrock Lane with second degree theft, motor vehicle, possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of prescription drugs. She was later released July 1 on her own recognizance.
3:11 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 24, of Centerville, was charged in the 1600 block of South 23rd Street with first degree harassment. He was later released on his own recognizance a short time later.
11:50 a.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single car accident at Highway 5 and J29. Eric Justin Doll, 35, of Centerville, driving a 2007 Pontiac south on Highway 5 struck a deer that had entered the roadway. No injuries were reported and no charges were filed.
6:22 p.m. Timothy Michael Vanderecken, 44, of Exline, was charged at the Law Center with simple assault. He was released a short time later on his own recognizance.
4:56 a.m. Darrell Edward Elm Cosgrove, 27, of Ottumwa, was charged at the Law Center with failure to appear.
Appanoose County Sheriff's Department activity log June 29-July 6
- No Headline Provided May 13 1:07 p.m. Todd Michael Francis Carmichael, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 600 block of North 18th Street with driving with a suspended license. He was later released on a promise to appear. 5:54 p.m. Michael Allen Peel, 38, of Center
- Land transfers 05/20/13 Michael A. Halupnick and Barbara J. Halupnick conveyed to Dennis Washburn and Nancy Washburn land in Vermillion and Walnut townships May 2. Ivan E. Wray and Cynthnia Ann Wray conveyed to Eli Shetler Barbara J. Shetler land in Lincoln Township May 2.
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- No Headline Provided David J. McGill and Shirley A. McGill conveyed to Tracy Daugherty Jordan land in Franklin Township April 4. Clerk of district court conveyed to Betty L. McVeigh land in Independence Township April 4. Stewart Edwards Shepard and Rebecca Ann Shepard c
- Wayne County Sheriff 04/30/13 April 23 The Clarke County Sheriff's Office arrested Teresa A. Lunesford, 31, of Osceola, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to serve a jail sentence for fourth degree theft in 2011. Lunsford was transported to Corydon where she is currently servi
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines