Appanoose County Sheriff's Department activity log June 29-July 6
Civil papers processed, 24; animal complaints, 6; motorist assists, 12; traffic stops, 12; traffic complaints, 1; domestic, disturbances, 2; fire, grass, 3; fireworks complaint, 2; accidents, property damage, 2; civil matters, 5; criminal mischief, 2; traffic complaints, 10; ambulances requested, 8; accidents, personal injury, 3; medical, no ambulance, 1; fireworks complaints, 2; drugs, 2; suspicious, person, vehicle, 7; liquor law violations, 2; theft, motor vehicle, 3; extra patrols requested, 1; theft, 1; assaults, 2; litter complaints, 1; SOR, 1; contacts, 326; total miles patrolled, 4,083; inmates booked into jail, 15; jail population, 19.
6:54 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single-vehicle accident on 150th Avenue. Trey Sullivan McMurry, 19, of Allerton, driving a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix north in the 14300 block of 150th Avenue lost control and missed the corner. McMurry said he had drank a couple of beers after the accident and a breath test showed a .02 result. McMurry was charged with failure to maintain control and persons under legal age. McMurry sustained possible injuries. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $6,000. A fence owned by Keith Lain, of Mystic, sustained $200 in damage. Brittney Rikel Rogers, 19, of Centerville, was transported by private vehicle to Mercy Medical Center with possible injuries.
8:41 p.m. Timothy John Hatfield, 25, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with second degree criminal mischief and fifth degree theft.
8:28 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single-vehicle accident at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road. Roger Lee McMunn, 35, of Centerville, driving a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer east in the 23000 block of Dewey Road swerved to miss a deer standing on the edge of the road, lost control and entered the south ditch. McMunn told law enforcement his fiance was driving the vehicle and was given a ride to the hospital by his aunt. Witnesses at the scene stated they noticed a male exiting the vehicle and he was the only one around. Amy Reinikainen arrived at the scene approximately 20 minutes later and said McMunn left her house in the SUV alone after they had an argument. She said she had not given him permission to take the vehicle. McMunn was transported to Mercy Medical Center with possible injuries. He was charged with failure to maintain control, driving while suspended and false reports or communications with law enforcement. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $4,000. A fence owned by Kerry Lane Morlan sustained $200 in damage.
10:37 p.m. Amanda Lynn White, 33, of Centerville, was charged at East Grant Street and North Shamrock Lane with second degree theft, motor vehicle, possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of prescription drugs. She was later released July 1 on her own recognizance.
3:11 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 24, of Centerville, was charged in the 1600 block of South 23rd Street with first degree harassment. He was later released on his own recognizance a short time later.
11:50 a.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single car accident at Highway 5 and J29. Eric Justin Doll, 35, of Centerville, driving a 2007 Pontiac south on Highway 5 struck a deer that had entered the roadway. No injuries were reported and no charges were filed.
6:22 p.m. Timothy Michael Vanderecken, 44, of Exline, was charged at the Law Center with simple assault. He was released a short time later on his own recognizance.
4:56 a.m. Darrell Edward Elm Cosgrove, 27, of Ottumwa, was charged at the Law Center with failure to appear.
Appanoose County Sheriff's Department activity log June 29-July 6
- Land Transfers Appanoose County Sheriff conveyed to Wells Fargo Bank NA land in Franklin Township May 31. Thresa N. Kelly conveyed to the Continental at St. Josephs Incorporated land in Vermillion Township June 3. St. Josephs Mercy Hospital conveyed to the Continen
- Marriages William Joseph Thomas, 37, to Erin Ambyr Huisman, 33, both of Centerville June 3. Bonnie Jean Essary, 52, to James Dale Riley, 53, both of Moravia June 4. Jaclyn Ann Wells, 23 to Joshua Phillip Blankenship, 25, both of Cincinnati June 5. LeAnne Renae
- Thank you, to all the volunteers out there I grew up near a small town in northwest Iowa during the 1950s and 1960s. You would probably think not much was going on in the small community of 160 people. There was no theater, no bowling alley was available, nor was there a roller skating rink.
- Appanoose County Sheriff 06/13/2013 Activity report for 05/14/13 to 05/21/13; civil papers processed, 20; burglaries/thefts, 5; ambulances requested, 5; traffic/road violations, 6; traffic stops, 13; traffic hazards, 2; civil matters, 2; controlled burns, 1; animal complaints, 6; liquo
- Wayne County Sheriff 06/11/2013 May 28 Jamie McHaffie, of Allerton, reported that it appeared someone had entered her residence sometime during the day. The only item reported missing was a pair of riding gloves. The gloves were value at $80. May 31 Catherine Cawthorn, of Allerton,
- Appanoose County Sheriff 06/11/2013 Activity report for 05/03/13 to 05/14/13; civil papers processed, 22; animal complaints, 9; traffic stops, 10; criminal mischief, 6; ambulances requested, 5; parking violations, 2; suspicious persons/vehicles, 6; welfare checks, 2; traffic complaints
- Wayne County Sheriff May 31 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident east of Lineville. A 2005 Chevrolet Trail Blazer driven by Sylvia Fern Nickell, 18, of Lineville, was eastbound on Birch Road when it curved into 40th Street and the dri
- Police April 29 7:22 p.m. Theft was reported in the 200 block of East Van Buren Street. The victim reported a Wii, cell phones, jewelry and medicines valued at $550 were stolen. May 23 3:21 p.m. Theft was reported in the 1200 block of East Cross Street. The
- Wayne County 06/07/2013 May 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a one car accident on 190th Street. A 2005 Chevrolet Equinox driven by Angela Marie Nickell, 31, of Allerton, was southbound on 190th Street just south of Timber Road when it went into the ditch a
- Police 06/06/2013 April 29 9:34 p.m. Burglary and theft were reported in the 600 block of East Bank Street. The victim reported a Play Station, laptop, camera, television and money valued at $4,450 were stolen. May 12 3:35 p.m. Burglary and theft were reported in the
- Police Report 06/05/2013 May 14 7:10 a.m. Theft was reported in the 500 block of North 4th Street. The victim reported that a gnome valued at $100 was stolen. 4:04 p.m. Theft was reported in the 300 block of North 12th Street. The victim reported a 47 inch flat screen televi
- Land Transfers for 06/04/2013 Virginia E. Brooks co-trustee, Helen M. Turner co-trustee and Mary A. Kuzela revocable trust conveyed to Helen M. Turner land in Walnut Township May 16. Appanoose Economic Development Corporation conveyed to Bucket List LLC land in Centerville May 16
- Wayne County Sheriff 05/30/2013 May 14 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident approximately three miles east of Promise City. A 2001 Kawasaki motorcycle driven by Aron Joseph Koll, 20, of Centerville, was westbound on Highway 2 when it struck a co
- Police 05/22/13 April 22 5:58 a.m. The theft of a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville valued at $5,000 was reported in the 800 block of South Tenth Street. May 5 9:25 a.m. Theft was reported in the 100 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported an iPod touch valued at $300
- No Headline Provided May 13 1:07 p.m. Todd Michael Francis Carmichael, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 600 block of North 18th Street with driving with a suspended license. He was later released on a promise to appear. 5:54 p.m. Michael Allen Peel, 38, of Center
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines