9:03 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 600 block of West Van Buren Street. Eight tires were slashed on two vehicles. Damage was estimated at $807.
12:43 a.m. A 17 year old female juvenile was charged at 18th Street and East O'Neal with possession of alcohol under age. At the same time and place a 17 year old male juvenile was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of alcohol under age.
11:44 a.m. Theft was reported in the 100 block of West Cottage Street. A girls Next bike was taken. Value was estimate at $100.
9:52 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 700 block of West Washington Street. Items were reported damaged and taken from inside the residence. Estimated value was listed at $1,595.
11:44 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North 18th Street. Laundry soap valued at $11.76 was taken.
10:43 a.m. A 15 year old female juvenile was picked up in the 100 block of West Van Buren Street after being listed as runaway.
3:39 p.m. Alexis Nikas, of Centerville, driving a 1999 Toyota, owned by Thomas Nikas was stopped at a stop sign. Janet Garrison, of Centerville, driving a 2008 Mercury was northbound on Drake Avenue. The Nikas vehicle failed to yield to the right of way and collided with the Garrison vehicle. Damage to the Nikas vehicle was estimated at $1500. The damage to the Garretson vehicle was estimated at $2500. Nikas was cited for failure to maintain control.
6:13 p.m. Marla Force Harding, 45, of Centerville was charged in the 300 block of North 15th Street with simple domestic assault.
8:57 p.m. Scott Carter Wells, 41, of Centerville was charged in the 800 block of East State Street with revocation of pre-trial release.
4:29 p.m. A keyed padlock was cut from a moneybox and $10 was reported taken in the 500 block of West Cottage. Robert Wayne Brewer, 35, of Centerville, Rhonda Lacene Foster, 42, of Centerville and Autumn Lacene Hall, 22, of Cincinnati, were charged with theft and fifth degree criminal mischief.
4:55 p.m. Murphy Dawn Hayes, 22, of Moulton, was charged at the Law Center with probation violation.
7:10 p.m. Donald Ervin Schramm III, 42, of Centerville was charged in the 400 block of East State Street with failure to appear.
3:22 p.m. Randall Scott Foster, 45, of Centerville was charged in the 800 block of South 16th Street with failure to appear.
4:44 p.m. Christopher Glenn Cooprider, 25, of Centerville was charged in the 500 block of North Park Avenue with simple domestic assault and child endangerment.
2:14 p.m. Cortney Nicole Garrison, 26, of Seymour was charged in the 1000 block of North 18th Street with second degree theft.
- Police 05/22/13 April 22 5:58 a.m. The theft of a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville valued at $5,000 was reported in the 800 block of South Tenth Street. May 5 9:25 a.m. Theft was reported in the 100 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported an iPod touch valued at $300
- Kelly Morlan Kelly Morlan, 55, of Centerville, passed away Monday, May 20, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, May 24 at the Moulton Christian Church in Moulton with Pastor Reggie Higgenbottom officiating.
- No Headline Provided May 13 1:07 p.m. Todd Michael Francis Carmichael, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 600 block of North 18th Street with driving with a suspended license. He was later released on a promise to appear. 5:54 p.m. Michael Allen Peel, 38, of Center
- Land transfers 05/20/13 Michael A. Halupnick and Barbara J. Halupnick conveyed to Dennis Washburn and Nancy Washburn land in Vermillion and Walnut townships May 2. Ivan E. Wray and Cynthnia Ann Wray conveyed to Eli Shetler Barbara J. Shetler land in Lincoln Township May 2.
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines