WAYNE COUNTY —
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a one-vehicle accident approximately one mile north of Cambria. A 2004 Chevrolet Silverado owned by Richard Morr, of Chariton, was found on its top on Highway J22 as the road curved to the south. The truck was unoccupied when the deputy arrived. After further investigation, it was determined that the driver has been James Keith Schumann, 50, of Corydon. The truck had been eastbound on Highway J22 when the driver failed to negotiate the curve, went off the roadway and flipped over onto its top. Damage to Morr's truck was estimated at $15,000. Assisting at the scene were the Humeston First Responders, Humeston Fire Department, Wayne County Ambulance and Corydon Police. Investigation regarding the accident s continuing.
Seymour Police arrested Dale Chester Bennett, 58, of Allerton, on a Wayne County warrant for contempt of court. The charge was in connection with a domestic abuse assault charge in 2007. Bennett appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of bond.
Sandra Sue Bennett, 46, of Allerton, turned herself in to the Wayne County Sheriff's Office to face a Wayne County warrant for contempt of court for several non-sufficient fund checks written in 2007. Bennett appeared before the magistrate later in the day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of bond.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- No Headline Provided David J. McGill and Shirley A. McGill conveyed to Tracy Daugherty Jordan land in Franklin Township April 4. Clerk of district court conveyed to Betty L. McVeigh land in Independence Township April 4. Stewart Edwards Shepard and Rebecca Ann Shepard c
- Wayne County Sheriff 04/30/13 April 23 The Clarke County Sheriff's Office arrested Teresa A. Lunesford, 31, of Osceola, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to serve a jail sentence for fourth degree theft in 2011. Lunsford was transported to Corydon where she is currently servi
- No Headline Provided April 14 9:08 p.m. Harassment was reported in the 900 block of East Maple Street. April 15 1:26 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported the front window of a business was shattered. Damage was
- No Headline Provided April 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Candy Lorraine Watson, 52, of Chariton, on a Wayne County warrant for fifth degree theft. The charge was in conniption with a non-sufficient funds check written to a Corydon business in 2011. Watson
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines