1:09 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 23000 block of Highway 5. The victim reported motor oil smeared on the windows of a 2012 Nissan. Damage was estimated at $10.
3:31 p.m. Nedra Mudra, of Centerville, was pulling a 2006 Ford out of a parking lot at Terry and Park streets when her vehicle struck a 2008 Chevrolet driven by Susan Sales, of Centerville that had the right of way. Damage to Mudra’s vehicle was estimated at $500. Damage to Sales’ vehicle was estimated at $1,000. Mudra was charged with unsafe starting of a stopped vehicle.
9:03 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 200 block of North 12th Street. The victim reported a fire in a trash can. Damage was estimated at $20.
6:01 p.m. Carl Sindelar, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Dodge northbound on North 18th Street when a deer ran into the front of the vehicle. Damage was estimated at $2,100.
6:45 p.m. Derek Carter, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Pontiac southbound on Highway 5 when a deer ran into the front of the vehicle. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
10:25 a.m. Paul Jason Hornaday, 37, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of South 17th Street with simple domestic assault. He was later released on his own recognizance.
2:53 a.m. Dale Lee Schwering, 53, of Centerville, was charged in the 23000 block of Highway 5 with OWI, third offense, and driving with a suspended license.
- Land Transfers Appanoose County Sheriff conveyed to Wells Fargo Bank NA land in Franklin Township May 31. Thresa N. Kelly conveyed to the Continental at St. Josephs Incorporated land in Vermillion Township June 3. St. Josephs Mercy Hospital conveyed to the Continen
- Marriages William Joseph Thomas, 37, to Erin Ambyr Huisman, 33, both of Centerville June 3. Bonnie Jean Essary, 52, to James Dale Riley, 53, both of Moravia June 4. Jaclyn Ann Wells, 23 to Joshua Phillip Blankenship, 25, both of Cincinnati June 5. LeAnne Renae
- Thank you, to all the volunteers out there I grew up near a small town in northwest Iowa during the 1950s and 1960s. You would probably think not much was going on in the small community of 160 people. There was no theater, no bowling alley was available, nor was there a roller skating rink.
- Appanoose County Sheriff 06/13/2013 Activity report for 05/14/13 to 05/21/13; civil papers processed, 20; burglaries/thefts, 5; ambulances requested, 5; traffic/road violations, 6; traffic stops, 13; traffic hazards, 2; civil matters, 2; controlled burns, 1; animal complaints, 6; liquo
- Wayne County Sheriff 06/11/2013 May 28 Jamie McHaffie, of Allerton, reported that it appeared someone had entered her residence sometime during the day. The only item reported missing was a pair of riding gloves. The gloves were value at $80. May 31 Catherine Cawthorn, of Allerton,
- Appanoose County Sheriff 06/11/2013 Activity report for 05/03/13 to 05/14/13; civil papers processed, 22; animal complaints, 9; traffic stops, 10; criminal mischief, 6; ambulances requested, 5; parking violations, 2; suspicious persons/vehicles, 6; welfare checks, 2; traffic complaints
- Wayne County Sheriff May 31 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident east of Lineville. A 2005 Chevrolet Trail Blazer driven by Sylvia Fern Nickell, 18, of Lineville, was eastbound on Birch Road when it curved into 40th Street and the dri
- Police April 29 7:22 p.m. Theft was reported in the 200 block of East Van Buren Street. The victim reported a Wii, cell phones, jewelry and medicines valued at $550 were stolen. May 23 3:21 p.m. Theft was reported in the 1200 block of East Cross Street. The
- Wayne County 06/07/2013 May 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a one car accident on 190th Street. A 2005 Chevrolet Equinox driven by Angela Marie Nickell, 31, of Allerton, was southbound on 190th Street just south of Timber Road when it went into the ditch a
- Police 06/06/2013 April 29 9:34 p.m. Burglary and theft were reported in the 600 block of East Bank Street. The victim reported a Play Station, laptop, camera, television and money valued at $4,450 were stolen. May 12 3:35 p.m. Burglary and theft were reported in the
- Police Report 06/05/2013 May 14 7:10 a.m. Theft was reported in the 500 block of North 4th Street. The victim reported that a gnome valued at $100 was stolen. 4:04 p.m. Theft was reported in the 300 block of North 12th Street. The victim reported a 47 inch flat screen televi
- Land Transfers for 06/04/2013 Virginia E. Brooks co-trustee, Helen M. Turner co-trustee and Mary A. Kuzela revocable trust conveyed to Helen M. Turner land in Walnut Township May 16. Appanoose Economic Development Corporation conveyed to Bucket List LLC land in Centerville May 16
- Wayne County Sheriff 05/30/2013 May 14 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident approximately three miles east of Promise City. A 2001 Kawasaki motorcycle driven by Aron Joseph Koll, 20, of Centerville, was westbound on Highway 2 when it struck a co
- Police 05/22/13 April 22 5:58 a.m. The theft of a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville valued at $5,000 was reported in the 800 block of South Tenth Street. May 5 9:25 a.m. Theft was reported in the 100 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported an iPod touch valued at $300
- No Headline Provided May 13 1:07 p.m. Todd Michael Francis Carmichael, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 600 block of North 18th Street with driving with a suspended license. He was later released on a promise to appear. 5:54 p.m. Michael Allen Peel, 38, of Center
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines