WAYNE COUNTY —
Cody Hackney, of Allerton, reported that someone had entered his residence Saturday evening and had vandalized the side of the house and taken several items. Value of the damaged and missing items was not listed.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Chad Dean Arnold, 34, of Russell, on Wayne County warrants for third degree criminal mischief, eluding and reckless driving. The charges were in connection with an incident in Benton Township on Aug. 17. Arnold appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident approximately two miles north of Allerton. A 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer driven by Bailey Lynn Andrews, 14, Allerton, was northbound on S26 when the driver lost control and the vehicle went into the west ditch, rolled, an struck a tree. Andrews was transported to the Wayne County Hospital by Wayne County Ambulance. Damage to the car was estimated at $10,000.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Jennifer Lynn Fain, 38, Corydon, on a charge of domestic abuse assault following an incident at a residence on North West Street in Corydon. Fain appeared before magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond on Aug. 27.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury traffic accident approximately one mile north of Corydon. A 2003 Ford Ranger driven by Henry William Hefner, 42, of Corydon was northbound on Highway 2 when the driver lost control and the vehicle went into the ditch, rolled at least once, and came to rest on its wheels. The driver was transported by Wayne County Ambulance to the Wayne County Hospital. Damage to Hefner's truck was estimated at $10,000. Investigation into the accident is continuing.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident east of Promise City. A 2002 Cadillac Deville driven by Michelle Lynn Dooley, 40, of Promise City, was eastbound on Highway 2 when she slowed to make a left turn onto 240th Street and was struck in the rear by a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta driven by Amber Lynn Cassady, 38, of Centerville. Damage to Dooley's car was estimated at $10,000 and to Cassady's at $1,000. Dooley was transported to the Wayne County Hospital by the Wayne County Ambulance. Cassady was issued a citation for failure to stop within an assured clear distance.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- Land transfers 05/20/13 Michael A. Halupnick and Barbara J. Halupnick conveyed to Dennis Washburn and Nancy Washburn land in Vermillion and Walnut townships May 2. Ivan E. Wray and Cynthnia Ann Wray conveyed to Eli Shetler Barbara J. Shetler land in Lincoln Township May 2.
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- No Headline Provided David J. McGill and Shirley A. McGill conveyed to Tracy Daugherty Jordan land in Franklin Township April 4. Clerk of district court conveyed to Betty L. McVeigh land in Independence Township April 4. Stewart Edwards Shepard and Rebecca Ann Shepard c
- Wayne County Sheriff 04/30/13 April 23 The Clarke County Sheriff's Office arrested Teresa A. Lunesford, 31, of Osceola, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to serve a jail sentence for fourth degree theft in 2011. Lunsford was transported to Corydon where she is currently servi
- No Headline Provided April 14 9:08 p.m. Harassment was reported in the 900 block of East Maple Street. April 15 1:26 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported the front window of a business was shattered. Damage was
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines