Appanoose County Sheriff’s office activity report Feb. 11-March 1
Civil papers processed, 105; traffic stops, 31; traffic control, 1; traffic complaints, 8; motorist assists, 20; accident property damage, 18; weapon violations, 1; intimidation, 1; parking violations, 2; ambulances requested, 13; contempt of court, 2; alarm burglary, 1; suspicious vehicle person, 11; harassment phone, 4; extra patrols requested, 5; fire motor vehicle, 1; animal complaint, 23; trespassing, 1; theft, burglary, 7; criminal mischief, 4; controlled burn, fire, grass 14; drunken driving, 1; civil matters, 1; mental case, 2; drugs, 1; noise complaints, 2; escort, funeral, 2; warrants served, 9; committal, 1; found recovered property, 1; domestic disturbance assaults 5; welfare checks, 1; contacts, 620; total miles patrolled, 6,547; inmates booked into jail, 48; jail population, 20.
12:55 a.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 560th Street and Iowa Highway 5. Sarah Elizabeth Mattly, 24, of Centerville, driving a 2010 Pontiac south in the 26000 block of Highway 5 when Mattly, in an attempt to avoid a deer in the road, went into the ditch where the vehicle overturned and came to rest on its wheels. Mattly was listed with non-incapacitating injuries. Damage to the Pontiac was estimated at $10,000.
10:43 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 330th Avenue and Iowa Highway 2. Susan Rachelle Martsching, 47, of Moulton, driving a 2008 Saturn Outlook west in the 33000 block of Highway 2 when a deer entered the road and the driver struck the animal. Damage was estimated at $5,000. Martsching was not injured.
12:52 a.m. Matthew Dean Kaster, 46, of Moravia, was charged at 485th Street and Highway T61 with bribery and drunken driving, first offense.
12:41 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 580th Street. Joshua Michael Kerbel, 16, of Centerville, driving a 1998 Dodge Dakota west on 580th Street, lost control and went into the south ditch then rolled onto its top. Kerbel was listed with non-incapaciting injuries and passengers injured included Branson Wayne Bachman, 16, of Numa, with non-incapacitating injuries and Tod Garrett Faris, 17, of Centerville, with non-incapacitating injuries.
Kerbel was cited with failure to have a valid drivers license. Damage to the Dakota was estimated at $3,000. A fence owned by Craig Wentworth Foster was listed with an estimated $300 in damage.
1:43 a.m. Phyllis Jane Keeney, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 700 block of East Maple Street with public intoxication. Keeney was released on her own recognizance at 11 a.m.
2:29 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident at Iowa Highway 5 and 555th Street. John Allen Fry, 59, of Centerville, driving a 1999 Ford southbound when he lost control on the snow covered roadway, crossing the center line then going into the east ditch and striking a tree. Fry was not injured. Damage to the Ford was estimated at $4,000.
8:44 p.m. Walter Eugene Bills, 57, of Mystic, was charged at 470th Street and Highway 5 with two counts of possession of controlled substance and driving while barred. He posted bond and was released Feb. 24 at 9:38 a.m.
Sheena Lorrine Sibert, 23, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center by the Appanoose County Sheriff with failure to appear in relation to the felony court case FECR006184.
5:47 p.m. Kristina Lynn Coffman, 35, of Centerville, was charged by the Appanoose County sheriff in the 24000 block of 240th Avenue with reckless driving. Coffman posted bond at 7:40 p.m. and was released. While in custody, Coffman was charged with fifth degree theft.
Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
Appanoose County Sheriff’s office activity report Feb. 11-March 1
- Police 05/22/13 April 22 5:58 a.m. The theft of a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville valued at $5,000 was reported in the 800 block of South Tenth Street. May 5 9:25 a.m. Theft was reported in the 100 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported an iPod touch valued at $300
- Kelly Morlan Kelly Morlan, 55, of Centerville, passed away Monday, May 20, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, May 24 at the Moulton Christian Church in Moulton with Pastor Reggie Higgenbottom officiating.
- No Headline Provided May 13 1:07 p.m. Todd Michael Francis Carmichael, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 600 block of North 18th Street with driving with a suspended license. He was later released on a promise to appear. 5:54 p.m. Michael Allen Peel, 38, of Center
- Land transfers 05/20/13 Michael A. Halupnick and Barbara J. Halupnick conveyed to Dennis Washburn and Nancy Washburn land in Vermillion and Walnut townships May 2. Ivan E. Wray and Cynthnia Ann Wray conveyed to Eli Shetler Barbara J. Shetler land in Lincoln Township May 2.
- Police for 05/17/13 May 7 9:50 a.m. An accident was reported in the 200 block of South Main Street. Judy Robinson, of Unionville, Mo., was backing a 2002 Chevrolet from a parking space in Aldi's parking lot when her vehicle struck a parked 2005 Lexus owned by David Lask
- Sheriff's Report 05/16/2013 Activity report from 04/29/13 to 05/07/13; civil papers processed, 28; ambulances requested, 15; fires/controlled burns, 7; motorist assists, 5; child neglect, 1; accidents/property damage, 2; civil matters, 1; welfare checks, 3; domestic disturbance
- Crime Log May 5 2:30 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1200 block of West Washington Street. The victim reported that $450 in cash had been stolen. May 8 5:12 p.m. Jeremy Joe Blew, 39, of Centerville, had his probation/parole revoked in the 500 block of North
- Police 05/08/13 April 23 2:23 a.m. Burglary/theft/criminal mischief was reported in the 400 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported damage to a window and the theft of cigarettes. Damages and loss were estimated at $1,014. May 3 7:52 a.m. An accident was rep
- Police 05/07/13 April 26 11:51 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of Haynes Avenue. The victim reported damage to a window and screen door. Damage was estimated at $275. April 27 10:26 a.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Stree
- No Headline Provided Rick D. Williams and Brenda K. Williams conveyed to Pete D. Fowler, Jennifer L. Fowler and Kaitlyn M. Fowler land in Cincinnati April 19. Ivan E. McNeff Jr. estate and South Ottumwa Savings Bank Administrator conveyed to Ivan E. McNeff III land in Pl
- Centerville Police for 05/02/13 April 27 2:33 a.m. Jason Max Smith, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 2000 block of Golfview Circle with domestic assault, enhanced, aggravated. 12:38 p.m. Tina Marie Henshaw, 51, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with allowing a d
- Appanoose County Sheriff Activity report 4/19-4/29 Civil papers processed, 29; motorist assists, 8; animal complaints, 13; public intoxication, 1; disturbances, 2; dogs barking or at large, 3; ambulance requests, 12; traffic hazards, 2; vehicle lock-outs, 3; drunken driving.
- Centerville Police April 14 2:24 a.m. Timothy Houston Moore, 18, of Centerville was charged at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road with possession of alcohol under age. April 19 11:44 a.m. Burglary was reported by the owner in the 600 block of North Eighth Street. The owner re
- No Headline Provided April 19 6:52 a.m. Robert Wayne Junior Hoffman, 46, of Centerville, was charged in the 300 block of Haynes Avenue with felony enhanced domestic assault. 10:31 a.m. Vera Roemerman, of Centerville, was stopping a 2008 Hyundai in the 100 block of East
- Centerville Police 04/30/13 April 24 11:05 a.m. Tyler Joseph Burge, 21, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with supplying alcohol to an under age person. He was later released on order of the court. April 25 4:42 p.m. Mikael Orlando Cintron-Corujo, 19, of Guayama, PR
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines